Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Day of Svadhyaya

So, it's official, I am sick. I'm surprised to have lasted this long without getting sick. My body was trying to get sick at home right before I left, but I managed to stave that off. However, so many people at the Intensive have been REALLY sick and one of my roommates has been sick too. So, why not! Bring it. Hopefully this thing will pass soon. Although I am not at all happy about being sick, I get to try some lovely Ayurvedic remedies from the Ayurvedic pharmacies in town and stay in today while my girls go shopping. For a split second I was so sad about not going out today, but it is Guriji's Birthday and what better thing to do then be quiet, contemplate, rest, and practice before the big celebration tonight.



The IYNAUS and IYANC board had asked me to find any recommendations of what to practice on Guruji's birthday. Abijata replied, that it is just important to practice rather than having a set sequence. I wonder what Guruji would have practiced today, on his birthday, and what he might have taught today. I think if I would have known him on this day he surely would have given me a sequence to boost my immunity. Lucky me, I brought along the immunity sequence (along with a jet-lag sequence) he gave years ago when there was a flu epidemic in Pune. So, that it what I will do and I want to share it with you:



This is truly such a wonderful gift as it forces me to just stop, and study myself. I've been having an amazing time here in Pune, going a thousand miles an hour, trying to soak in as much as I can, share as much as I can on FB and this Blog (haha) but today (after writing this) I stop. That's it...I just stop. I will practice, rest, and nourish myself while the sounds, smells, colors and textures of Pune swirl outside my apartment. What a treat; What a true gift. I believe whole-heartedly that the Universe provides us with what we need at the absolute, exact second we need it. So here I am surrendering at the right time and in the right place (for sure!). It's good to be in Yog.

1 comment: