Saturday, December 3, 2016

Stepping In to India



This isn't my first trip to magical India, but each time still has the same effect when I step out of the airport and into the warm, sultry air. The smells and noise hit you first, your eyes are slower to process the visions. Nothing is subtle in this Country--you gotta be in 100%. It's beautiful!

After checking into our Apartment, meeting with our cook, taking a nice bucket bath, (oh and a reuniting with the toilet hose), I'm ready to go native just as I remember past trips. And one of those things is riding in a Rickshaw! These rides are so much fun, and I have the greatest driver! I trust him 100% I feel safe when I'm with Nana!
 

Geared up for Rickshaw travel!

 Our first class was with Prashantji. It was a very inspiring class. Although I was (and still am) very jet-laggged it was the perfect first class to take. What a lovely man; elegant, articulate, kind, and intelligent. Second class that evening was a Pranayama class with a different teacher. Oh my she was also so lovely and the teaching was so beautiful. But guess what? Yours truly almost fell over falling asleep! Sheesh, really? What? I can't up for 30+ hours and think I'm going to stay awake for Pranayama?

We've got GREAT WiFi where we are staying. That's a first and we are so grateful and excited about keeping in touch with everyone we love on the other side of the planet. I FaceTime every night with my husband. Isn't technology magical when it works? So, stay tuned, I promise to write something every night from here on out. Look for the sequence I took with Sunita today on tomorrow's Blog.

Good Night!
Here's a mild sample of Rickshaw travel for those of you that have never done it before:





No comments:

Post a Comment