Monday, December 5, 2016

You are not practicing for this life...


Today we had our second class with Prashantji. The sequence was lovely and simple. All of the poses were held a long time while Prashantji talked philosophically about the practice of Yog. We paused a few times between the poses and were called to come sit down and listen. It was all very captivating. I wish I could remember every single thing he said, as it all resonated with me. But he talks rather fast and really never repeats himself, so I just did my best to hang onto the gems he offers and not them slip through the cracks in my mind. One of the really lovely things about having roommates is we come back after class and write down what we remember together. We are a sweet little Sangha within a rich, robust Sangha.

AUM Ganesha (from the front desk at the Chetak Hotel)

Here's the sequence:
Uttanasana 
Sirsasana (2 x's--alternating between the ropes and floor and Bharadvajasana)
a little talk between
Rope I
Trikonasana  (about 4 times depending on where you were in the Rope I rotation)
    in the middle of the room
    at the window, holding a belt in one hand, brick under the other hand 
    back to the middle of the room
Virabhadrasana II to Trikonasana
Bharadvajasana I
Parivrrta Padmasana--repeat 2x's each side
and then a choice of:
Janu Sirsasana
Viparita Karani
Setu Bhanda Sarvangasana w/brick under the sacrum

Here are a few of the gems/quotes that we could remember:

  • Use your breath card on the body card--how does the breath affect the body?
  • All your pains, worries, afflictions can be eliminated by using the breath card
  • Use the body card on the breath card
  • When you set up the classroom for study, you use some books, a chair, a table. Asana is the seat that  PREPARES you for your studies.  
  • I'm not talking to you about GPS (Global Positioning System) I'm talking to you about UPS (Universal)
  • In YOU is a better teacher than me
  • Guriji did not want us to do what he did. He wanted  us to practice using the seat
  • The back of the brain is where we go when thinking about the past, when we dream, when we meditate 
  • The frontal brain is the thinking of the future brain--what to do next; what to plan
  • What if you had a bad past? It can be changed through the breath
  • Guruji said When he practiced it was art; when he demonstrated it was a performance; when he taught it was science
  • You are practicing this for the next life...
I love being here...







No comments:

Post a Comment